TNC Business Strategy Research
Hong Kong 2020 Wholesaler License in Chinese Herbal Medicines for Import and Export Control (Part one)
Wholesaler License in Chinese Herbal Medicines for Import and Export Control (Part one)For better protection of public health, the Preparatory Committee recommended a statutory body be set up to regulate the practice, use and trading of Chinese medicine; a control mechanism, through systems of registration, licensing and labeling be set up to regulate the manufacture, distribution, retail and import and export of Chinese medicines.
The registration of proprietary Chinese medicines: of the Chinese Medicine Ordinance, no person shall sell, import or possess any proprietary Chinese medicine unless the proprietary Chinese medicine is registered under the Chinese Medicine Council of Hong Kong.
Wholesaler of Chinese medicine who need to apply the license of wholesaler before they arrange for import or export .The period of application around 2 months.
Application forms for wholesaler licenses
Application Form for Wholesaler License in Chinese Herbal Medicines (Form 1B)
Documentation Checklist - Application for Wholesaler License in Chinese Herbal Medicines (Checklist 2B)
Period of License issuing:
HKD$ 1,210.00 for first 2 Years/ unlimited import and export
HKD$ 1,050.00 after first 2 Years/ unlimited import and export
Extra document requirement:
1. A duly completed “Application Form for Wholesaler License in Chinese Herbal Medicines (Form 1B)”
2. Copy of Business Registration Certificate
3. For limited company only:
Copy of Directors List such as Form NAR1 (Annual Return) of the Companies Registry or Form NNC1 (Incorporation Form) (in case of a newly established limited company)
For sole proprietorship only:
Copy of Form 1(a) of Business Registration Office
For partnership only:
Copy of Form 1(c) of Business Registration Office
4. Name list of sole proprietor/partners/director(s) and key personnel (including full names in both Chinese and English, Hong Kong Identity Card Numbers/Passport Numbers and posts. In the case of a director being a corporation, please state the name and Company Number of the corporation)
5. Draft of Company Division Organizational Structure
How to apply Import or Export License for Chinese Herbal medicines? What kind of Chinese herbal medicines which need to apply the license and what is the penalty without license? The topic will be continued on part two.